Monday 23 January 2012

A Bit About Me

My name is Kzra, and I've been running for nearly a year. I won't go into too much detail about how this got started for me, because that is none of your damned business. I have only recently been pointed to the online community here by a runner called Caleb that I bumped into at a train station in western Portugal (recognized each other by the (X) symbols on our hoodies) who wanted to use my laptop to try to see if "M" was still AWOL.


You might be wondering how I got involved when I wasn't reading these blogs and shit. Well, my girlfriend was to blame for that, if anyone can really be blamed. She was always online, so I'm kinda guessing now that this is where she got herself "infected", or somewhere like this. And I got dragged in through her.


But as I said, that was nearly a year ago. She taught me about the three rules, so I guess I have "M" to thank for me still being alive today, not that I knew where she picked them up from until now. The day before we were planning to run... Let's just say that we didn't realize how little time we had. When I ran, it was alone. 


And once you start running, you can't stop.


Golden Rule: You are never safe.


So anyways, I started in the UK. I know, big shock, a Non-American runner. We seem to be a rarity. I kept up high, kept my eyes open, drew my (X)'s, and kept moving. I put my flat up for sale, and left that to the bank and my solicitor to sort, and when it sold I used the cash to start running for real.


The UK was pretty mellow compared to a lot of places I've been. Sure, Stretch Armstrong would show up from time to time, but nowhere near as often as He did when I was in the likes of Germany, Belgium, Poland, basically the whole of mainland Europe is pretty rough, with the exception of Spain and Portugal. They seem quieter. Not sure why, but I'll think on it.


As for any tips I have picked up along the way, my first is don't wait to run. Once you see Him, times up. If you decide to wait around like we did... If you wait, you die. I got lucky. She didn't. That fucker doesn't care who you are, or what else you may have going on at the moment in your life. So once more, because this is important, the second he shows up in your life, you pack a back and get up high.


Obviously, if you haven't done so already, read "M"'s blog, he covers a lot of the basics, and is the best place to start. 
To summarize for those who aren't aware:


  • Get up high.
  • Keep moving.
  • Keep your eye's open.

"M" is a good man, it seems. Any of you that are new to this would be wise to listen to him, and ask him anything you need to know. That is if he ever starts posting again. At least he isn't dead.

One last thing until next time (my bus has just arrived, and so I'm gonna be out of range of wi-fi for a bit). This may sound ridiculous, but if you can get your hands on one, a mannequin, like the ones found in clothes shops, can be your best friend. It has to be one with a head though (some don't have heads, and these are useless to you). They work better than the (X) does at tricking him. And if you take the time to color the eyes in properly, it can work time and time again.


Anyways, good luck to all of you out there running for your lives. I'll post again soon. Hope this at least helps someone out there. And Caleb, if your still out there, did you make it over to Morocco yet? Crazy bastard.


Feel free to ask me any questions if you like. I'm happy to try to help. I will check in on here pretty often I think. It's nice to be able to communicate with others who get it.


Kzra out.



No comments:

Post a Comment